Estate plans are not simple and straightforward documents. Especially if you have a large estate and high-value assets to protect, the legal language of your documents must accurately encapsulate your wishes for the distribution of your property. The estate planning lawyers at Rathdrum & Post Falls Estate Planning are experienced and proficient litigators who are not afraid to take your case to trial if necessary. They are also skilled at drafting legal documents that can safeguard your assets, and they will communicate consistently with you to make sure they are working towards your goals.
The attorneys at Rathdrum & Post Falls Estate Planning recognize that you have worked hard to earn the assets and property you now hold, and they are more than prepared to help you build a comprehensive estate plan that protects this property for your loved ones. You should not have to worry about what will happen to your hard-earned assets after you pass; achieve peace of mind today by building out a thorough estate plan with Rathdrum & Post Falls Estate Planning.
What Does An Estate Attorney Do?
An estate planning attorney specializes in creating comprehensive plans to manage assets and affairs during life and after death. They draft legal documents like wills, trusts, living wills, and powers of attorney, tailored to reflect each client's goals and concerns. At Rathdrum & Post Falls Estate Planning, our professionals can offer strategies to protect assets from creditors, minimize taxes, and address family dynamics.
Estate planning attorneys guide clients through probate, settling estates by validating wills, distributing assets, and handling debts. They manage trusts, ensuring assets are funded and managed appropriately for beneficiaries. Tax planning is a significant aspect, as they advise on minimizing estate and gift taxes.
Contingency planning involves preparing for incapacity or disability and establishing mechanisms for financial and healthcare decisions. Family and charitable planning are also crucial, aligning asset distribution with clients' wishes for loved ones or supporting charitable causes.
Finally, updating and maintenance are key; estate plans must adapt to life changes like births, deaths, and marriages. These attorneys can mediate family conflicts over inheritances or other matters, aiming for amicable resolutions.
With a strong legal expertise, estate planning attorneys stay current with laws affecting estate planning. Their role is to create legally sound plans that protect interests, provide for loved ones, and ensure efficient execution of wishes. For experienced guidance in planning your estate, get in contact with Rathdrum & Post Falls Estate Planning.
When you are dealing with estate planning matters, you should work with a team of experienced legal professionals who know how to deftly navigate the legal system.
The attorneys at Rathdrum & Post Falls Estate Planning practice exclusively in estate planning law and can help you with a range of things like:
- Wills – A legal document specifying how you want to distribute your belongings among surviving loved ones and organizations.
- Trusts – A legal document that allows you to protect your assets and plan for potential future medical issues.
- Probate – A court-supervised process that occurs when a loved one passes away to split up their estate according to their will. If no will exists, then the court will apply a “default will” determined by state law.
- Guardianship – A legal procedure where the court appoints a competent, suitable person to make legal decisions for their “ward,” who can be a minor under the age of 18 or an incapacitated adult.
- Conservatorship – A procedure where the court appoints a competent, suitable person to manage the financial affairs of a ward, such as organizing their finances and paying their bills.
- Litigation – Estate planning matters that must be resolved in court, such as will contests and probate.
- Asset Protection – Methods and tactics for preserving your assets for your loved ones.
- Durable Power of Attorney – A legal document where a “principal” grants limited financial authority to an “agent,” typically a close relative or friend.
- Healthcare Power of Attorney – An advance directive that gives a trusted “agent” the right to make medical decisions for the “principal” if they become incapacitated.
Let Rathdrum & Post Falls Estate Planning help you build out a thorough and complete estate plan that looks out for your assets and your loved ones long after you’re gone.
Estate Planning & Probate OnlyBecause we don't handle any other types of law, our clients can expect the expert focus on their estate planning or probate matters that they deserve.
Excellent CommunicationWe explain things in such a way that it's easy for our clients to understand. This better helps them make important decisions around their estate planning needs.
Friendly and Caring ServiceFrom start to finish, our team will provide patient and kind legal guidance when it comes to your estate planning matters.
Not Afraid To Go To CourtIn rare cases, an estate planning matter will need to be litigated. Our team has litigated many cases and has achieved favorable outcomes for our clients.
"The process was easy from start to finish."
Kurt and Malia were great to work with. Put together her trust and gave her all the time she needed to review it and ask all her questions.
"Met our needs perfectly!"
We now have peace of mind that our adult children will will not have to deal with probate after our passing.
- Former Client
"We feel very blessed!"
Wonderful experience with Kurt and Alex in all issues involved with estate planning. It was very convenient to use both locations since we have a very busy schedule.
Schedule a free consultation with us today to learn how our firm can help you with your estate planning needs.